TOP TEN REASONS DESSIE NEEDS TO BE MY GUARDIAN ANGEL
10. I will never, ever go hungry. Man could Dessie cook. Whenever I was one of the privileged strays to stop at Dessie’s house with either Pat Ed or Roger D, I was always blessed with food. Always. I still remember the first Chile Relleno I ever tasted, Dessie made. No one has ever made one better.
9. Dessie will have my back. You DID NOT cross one of Dessie’s sons or their wives. You better tow the line around her Grandchildren. And now, Great Grandchildren, oh my. Not to mention brothers and sisters, cousins, nieces and nephews, and a whole slew of family. Plus, there was Dessie’s extended family. I believe her arms had no end. She included so many in her embrace. My life was blessed by Dessie’s outreach.
8. If I am being a “little bastard”, Dessie will let me know about it. No explanation needed.
7. If I am doing something worth praise, Dessie will let me know about it. Same as above.
6. She will always have time for me. I never knew Dessie not to make time for anyone who crossed her path. As full as Dessie’s world was, she always had room and time for one more person. I am so glad I was privileged to be one of those. Who wouldn’t be?
5. Dessie will never hold back a punch. This lady had a gift for chewing your ass and making you feel loved at the same time. Feelings were not as important as truth. If you needed to hear something, you were going to hear it. You were then corrected, you were then again loved.
4. She will make sure I am proud of who I am. Dessie was proud of her heritage. No one could make fun of being a WOP as good as Dessie. But, you could always tell she was never ashamed of who she was or where she came from. Never ashamed and always respectful of other’s trails through life too.
3. Dessie will help me live a BIG life. If you want to know the definition of “living life to the fullest”, emulate this lady. She knew what it meant to live a big life, find a unique place of Grace, and live free. Oh, the stories she owns.
2. I will be blessed with the most beautiful smile any angel could have. Not many people have the talent of sharing their heart via their smile. Dessie’s was never a “show my teeth” type smile. It was full, lit up her entire face, and shined on your world. Her smile consumed every cloud in the sky. Dessie defined genuine smile. I imagine Dessie is already correcting a few angels up there who could learn a thing or two about giving your heart thru your smile.
And, the #1 reason I need Dessie as my guardian angel………………….
1. Dessie won’t “argue” with God, she will tell him exactly what is going on. Whether in my defense or in my reward, God will hear about it. I can imagine when the Angels came calling, there were a couple things different from the norm. First, because of the life this beautiful lady lived and the tremendous size of her heart, it took a few extra angels to carry the load of love and memories Dessie had. Plus, there might have been a little resistance on Dessie’s part. I can hear her telling God that there was some Great Grandbabies on the way that still needed to know her love. Trust me, Dessie will still share her love with them. I will carry what she shared with me, as a treasure, for my lifetime. I am sure each and every one of you will too…………..